14 July 2008

More Love, and More Money

So my mother took pity on poor little me and bought me a tank of gas. She figured I could use a little relaxation--I didn't mention to her that I wasn't sure how relaxing the weekend could be with Dumbass there.
As far as things with Dumbass, they got worse before they got better. But they did get better--a lot better. We made up Friday morning, and actually ended up spending most of Friday night and all of Saturday together. It was actually kind of weird...in between our usual bickering and childish behavior, he was acting kind of boyfriend-like. Which, considering it was made painfully clear to me by his best friend that he was only interested in being friends, was confusing. But my theory (which I am pretty confident of) is that he just doesn't know the difference between being nice to a girl friend and being nice to a girlfriend. But oh well. It made for a pretty nice weekend for me.

In other news, though, I think driving around on no gas constantly has completely fucked my gas mileage. It normally takes between a quarter to a half a tank of gas to get down there, but on Friday it took just about the entire thing. Granted, that could have something to do with the fact that traffic was RIDICULOUS and the trip took two hours longer than normal. BUT. Just about the same thing happened on the way back, and there was no traffic or anything that time. So yeah. Thats a bit of a problem.

Hopefully I can get a job and start making some money and be able to take more weekend trips down there over the next year...its going to get pretty lonely at the end of August, when all my friends go back to school. At least my university isn't far, so I can hopefully see my friends from school fairly often. I'm just worried though. This summer has been tolerable mainly because I at least had my friends to fall back on. I don't know whats going to happen when they all leave. Its really hard for me to make new friends, too, because I'm so fricking shy. Meh. We'll see what happens I guess. At least I'll have more time for work and school work? I need to practice that balance though, of work and play.

I have three dollars now, but my dad left me a bunch of money (and an accompanying list of things to do) before he went out of town this morning. Excellent. Some of that money is going to be spent because I'm going to Red Lobster with Barbie and Skipper tonight, but thats okay. I need a bit of self-pampering.

No comments: